About this Course
Welcome to the course on urban resilience. This course has been developed by Asian Disaster Preparedness Center for World Bank as part of the consultancy assignment on Strengthening Institutions for Developing Resilience in Pakistan.
This MOOC explores development framework and urban risk management. In the development frameworks, the MOOC explores United Nations Disaster Management Efforts (Hyogo Framework for Action, Sendai Framework for DRR, UN office for Disaster Risk Reduction, United Nations Development Program, etc.), USAID efforts through Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance and various frameworks made available by The World Bank. In addition to the frameworks, the MOOC also focuses on mainstreaming disaster and climate risk into urban planning, stakeholders engagement for building urban resilience, critical infrastructure and city resilience building and gender and diversity in the urban resilience process
The MOOC has been designed for disaster managers and practitioners, climate change adaptation professionals, development planners, project implementers and policy makers and students from all walks of life. We have added some new material in addition to live course, but the essentials of our live course are still there.
What you will learn
After completion of the MOOC, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the various development frameworks and how they work
- Understand the mainstreaming of disaster and climate risk into urban planning
- Identify and engage the stakeholders for building urban resilience
- Understrand the issues behind critical infrastructure and city resilience building
- Understrand the role of gender and diversity in the urban resilience process
Leadership track – Launch date: September 18
- Unit 1. Development framework and urban risk management
- Unit 2. Mainstreaming disaster and climate risk into urban planning
- Unit 3. Stakeholders engagement for building urban resilience
- Unit 4. Critical infrastructure and city resilience building
- Unit 5. Gender and diversity in urban resilience process
Welcome and see you soon!
Join us at the course this October in Bangkok, Thailand